Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of Fall!


Happy Autumn! Happy Fall! Call it what you want!


We love this time of year!
  • Not too hot
  • Not too cold
  • Beautiful colors: oranges, yellows, browns and greens
  • Fresh, leafy scents
  • Leaf piles and the smiles they bring
  • Thanksgiving = Good food + Family/Friends
  • Football season
  • Halloween: corn mazes, haunted houses, laughing kids
  • Birthdays: Shawn - Oct. Alisha - Nov.
  • Goodbye A/C
  • Hello fresh air and opened windows
  • Crisp Breezes

Ahhhhhhhh!

It's a great time of year, and we couldn't be happier.
Enjoy the season!

4 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Thanks for the birthday wish. I have to say I share your excitement for this fall weather. Jake likes it too. He is mostly glad I have stopped complaining about the heat!

Annie Gedge said...

I hope those pictures are really from your house and you didn't just find them because I am so excited for fall

Shawn and Alisha Stratton said...

They are actually pics from a few Thanksgivings ago, but yes, I took them. A few leaves are changing on our "baby" trees in our yard, so it's gonna get beautiful soon!!

jenny said...

this is by far my favorite season. isn't it great when you can just open your windows?! nothing better really. cider, doughnuts, beautiful leaves, sweaters, walks to the park. love it.