Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mysteries

I just wanted to plug how wonderful my husband is. It's been a hard couple of weeks for us after a long summer: preparing for students, teaching, coaching, team games, lack of rest, etc. While you think that us teachers have it easier that most with summer vacations and other holidays, teaching is a lot of work and extremely tiring, and I think I forget how hard it is every new school year.

Shawn has noticed how tired and (more or less) "cranky" I've been, so he planned a great date for us last Friday (Fridays are our official date night). We promised each other to go out on a date once a week once we were married because it's so easy to get caught up in everything else going on, and we really want to try and keep our relationship fun, spontaneous, and well...just keep it!!

Shawn took me to Agatha's Dinner Theater downtown. I love theater in general, but this was incredibly fun and different. The package comes with a mystery show and a 5 course meal: appetizers, soup, salad, meal (options: chicken1, chicken2, filet mignon, salmon, veggie pasta), and dessert. Shawn ordered the beef, and I ordered the salmon, and we both clean our plates throughout the other courses. Did we mention how much we love to eat?!?! The food was delicious. As you enter, they give you an actual role in the production - Shawn was a Native American chief, and I was a singer...lucky me! In each play, there is a murder (hence the name mystery theater) and you're trying to figure out who in the audience is the killer. Between each act, they serve the food and give you about 10-15 minutes to eat and chat. The plays they perform make fun of actual plays, so the one we saw was called Annie Get Your Uzi! mocking Annie Get Your Gun! It was such a fun time, and the audience members were so hilarious. We are always trying to find new things to do in Atlanta, so here's a fun new thing! I believe they change the play every few months, so it's something we look forward to doing every now and then. Here are some pics from the night. Check out the website and reserve away!



1 comment:

Jacki said...

Oh I am so jealous! I have been wanting to go there since I have lived here! Glad to know it was so fun.