Friday, November 21, 2008

Belated birthday news

Shawn and I have been so preoccupied with the unfortunate happenings of last Sunday that I completely neglected to thank him for an incredible birthday weekend.

I turned the big "26" last Thursday [November 13], and Shawn had an amazing weekend planned for me. My birthday dinner was the traditional Cheesecake Factory in Buckhead on Wednesday night with several friends: thank you for the great company Dan & Yulia, Rachel & Anthony, and Heather! If you haven't eaten there, you MUST try it. The portion sizes are amazing, the menu is endless (you know it's bad when the menu has pages just for advertising), the service is spectacular, and the desserts...perfection!

I was at home sick all day on my actual birthday (doesn't that suck?!), but I was definitely lifted up by the numerous phone calls from family and friends.

On Friday evening, Shawn surprised me with a weekend in Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA: Fantasy in Lights [you ride a trolley through the gardens at night and see a beautiful display of Christmas lights], a cute room in the Moutain Creek Lodge, a delightful massage, and a Saturday full of bike riding through the gardens.

I wanted to share some pictures of the weekend, so enjoy the slideshow.

Thanks to all who wished me a Happy Birthday! I was in great need of a smile after this past Sunday, so thank you for allowing me to remember and share the happier things in life.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Craft Ideas

3 comments:

jenny said...

happy belated! looks like you guys had a great time away.

Annie Gedge said...

I am soo jealous. I've always wanted to go to Calloway gardens and it has never worked out yet. I am glad you had so much fun!

claire said...

I love biking at Callaway! happy belated birthday!